+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tenacious maintenance/Repairs

Hybrid View

Default Tenacious maintenance/Repairs

I hate being silent on this site. I haven't posted any fish reports lately. Seems Tony and Mike are doing all the heavy lifting. Tenacious is running fairly well but, I'm not hearing my turbo winding up at all. Also seems like my RPM indicator is reading about 200 RPM lower than normal (related to turbo?). Since I'm super busy at work, I'm going to have to bring her to the Blackmans to check it out. Hope to have her purring again soon and hopefully I can contribute some fish dope to the site. Really looking forward to a SCI trip or Todos Santos trip and staying on the hook a couple days this Spring.

Scott
    Tenacious

I hear you Scott. I go down to the boat, start it up let it run for 10 minutes and go home. Not good. Riley needs to go in for a little work and then I can start thinking about a voyage somewhere. A batch of nice big reds would be a good start.
    Yale
    "Riley"
    32' Blackman Sportfisher

Scott

Pull the air filter and spin the turbo with your finger. If it's sat a long time, there could be a small flake of rust built up that's keeping it from turning.

Mike
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

Mike,

Done that. It spins freely and looks pretty clean.
    Tenacious

Fuel filters?

I can rig up a gauge to test the boost if you want to check it first. We'll need to to the boat in the water and run it up to speed with a bit of a load in it.

Mike
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

If your turbo spins fine then I'd look at your fuel filters first, if there is any water in the filter at all this will be where the algae is concentrated from collection and it continues to grow faster while the boat sits and clog the element.

Jeff,

I guess I need to take turbo 101. So, any algae in the fuel filters can find it's way to the turbo and cake-up in there?
    Tenacious

Default Filters

when in doubt, change your filters. If you are letting your filters show major clogging or drop in rpm's fork out for a half dozen filters and change every other trip.

RPM windup is noticeable on a ad41 if you know what to listen for. It does not sound like a race car. If your tack will peg out at 3900, engine runs cool and your are able to plane, top out around 24ish loaaded, i would say your boats runs fine.

Go out and get um
    John

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information