+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Justice Triumphs Again

Default Justice Triumphs Again

Well the Time Out Twins dodged another bullet today as their case was dismissed today in SD Court. Maybe Russ or Mark might care to give us the facts so we might avoid the unpleasantries later. To say now they are unmarked men would be an understatement; you can bet they'll be on the ball from now on!

Default cool

I'am sure the judge took one look at Mark and felt sorry for them.I heard he is a good actor when the time is right.

Default OUCH

OK the details

If you have ever been through this I feel sorry for you, It was not pleasent.

Because all fish and game tickets are Misdemeanors and jail time can be given,
    you must be reprisented by consul even at the first proccedings. Our court appointed attorney prosented us with an offer to plead guilty to fishing without a lic. the court would reduce the ticket to an infraction pay 460.00 plus court cost of 120 percent of the fine. We said no. She then asked us what happened, after we told her the story and explained to her we would take this to a trial if they reduced the fine to one dollar, she said she would go to the DA and see what could be done. When she returned she asked if we still had the declaration form from that day, It was on the boat so we picked it up and returned to court, she gave it to the DA I could hear him (we were sitting just behind him) say this ticket is BS tell them we will dismiss. We waited for maybe 20 min the Judge called us and the DA dismissed. It restores your faith in the system our attorney did care about our case she didn't take his first no as an answer, it worked out great.

Just a reminder, that room was filled with DF ticket holders they are going to try to get us this year and the way the law is written you can not comply. The law says you can not clean fish within 3 mile of shore if you do you must keep the endtrails and dispose of them in a trash can other wise they can site you for illegal dumping. If you clean you mexican fish on your boat at all its illegal. Remember the whole skin must be left on your US fish.

I guess I will do what Jeff does with his rock fish, I will gut them take them home to finish cleaning. DF is planning on makeing visits to our home to check frezzers at least thats what they told us. If they do we will all be in trouble I would guess.

Russ
    Last edited by Time Out; 03-11-2010 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuba View Post
    OK the details

If you have ever been through this I feel sorry for you, It was not pleasent.

Because all fish and game tickets are Misdemeanor and jail time can be given,
    you must be rerisented by consul even at the firts proccedings. Our court court appointed atonary
    Settle down Russ, it's OK, it's all behind you now! You're not going to live with Bubba , it's OK!

So to be safe, only gut the fish at sea, not less then 3 miles from us borders, documentation forms are filled out before leaving mexican waters, size of fish must be equal to US restrictions ?, it sure seems to get complicated.

Default bitter sweet

Thats great to hear that you did not get strong armed in to paying a fine for a crime that was not commited, but as stated earlier the way the reg's are written we are wide open for some revenuing.

Congratulations Russ.
    Charlie
    NOMAD

What about the hydrant you caused DFG to knock over? Certainly you offered to pay for that!

Phil

Wink DFG

Went to La Jolla this morning.
    Came back at 1:00 and we were stopped by the DFG inside our basin.
    Got a clean bill of health (He had never scene a online fishing license). I only had 6 rockfish..except I had a lobster card (2009) which he took. He showed me where is said you need to return them by mail....No ticket this time.

We hit the lower 9 saw the DFG on the way in they had three pulled over and we slipped thru.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information