+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trim Tab Question

I dont know if theres another sten drive outerbanks with more hp. than mine. I'm running a kad300 285 hp. with a 115gallon bait tank and most of the time 3 or four guy. One of them is around 320lbs. so most of the time I'm very heavy. It really is just going to take time on the water for you to get the feel of you boat. I always trim my boat from sound and feel. The numbers are great and all, but every trip is diffrent with seas, weight, up swell, down swell, weather, kids and wife, or hard core guys who just want to get there and fish. The boats a tool run it hard and catch fish!!!

I remember when I first got my boat and was coming in on a following sea and I forgot to put the trim tabs up. Once I hit about 15mph the boat would jack knife and keel hard to the starboard side. Freaked me out. I actually thought something was very wrong. I didn't have any kind of problem like that on my previous boat and I quickly learned that when coming in on a following sea the trim tabs need to be up on Blackmans.
    26' Billfisher - Libre

Thanks. The lurch toone side is what made me ask the question. So if i figure out the trim it wont do this?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information