+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Furuno Fishfinder combo

Default Furuno Fishfinder combo

I have a GP7000 fish/chart combo with a 1K transducer and would like to add a 582 fish finder . My question is, can I use the same transducer for both and what would I need to interface both units or do I need to get a separate transducer for the 582.

Thanks in advance, Zack

Hi Zack,
    You might want to give the Furuno service department in WA a call. They
    have always been helpful whenever I call.

However, if you run a separate transducer for the 582, you will most likely get alot of interference between the 2 units if both are on. I get alot of interference from other people's boat when they pack in on the squid ground.

Thanks for the info Wamei,

That's interesting that about interference with other boats when your all bunched up. I haven't noticed any of that when fishing Seabass. I'll give furuno a call and report back.

Cheers, Zack

You can use the transducer for both units; use just can't use them at the same time. With another transducer you might get good readings on both if each one was on a different frequency, 50 & 200. I've only noticed interference from other fishfinders when the other unit has 1000 watts or more; I've fished WSB side by side and the other boat had the standard 600 watt unit and it never affected my picture. Furuno has a great help line and they will call you back.

Thanks Jeff,

You just gave me more hope. I'll give Furuno a call on Monday and find out from the horses mouth.

Cheers, Zack

Talked to tech support yesterday. Unless you have a network system I would have to go with a two way switch. Meaning only one FF working at a time. No upgrades in the future as I installed the GP7000 last year. ZMAN

Quote Originally Posted by Pez Espada View Post
    Talked to tech support yesterday. Unless you have a network system I would have to go with a two way switch. Meaning only one FF working at a time. No upgrades in the future as I installed the GP7000 last year. ZMAN
    you might want to check out Honeygirl's add for the 582L with transducer.
    Might be a good solution for you Zack.

Thanks Wamei,

I bought a 582L off a buddy of mine for cheap a few months ago. I had this same unit on my Farallon and loved it. Furuno tech support said that using two transducer's is a no no.

Thanks for all the help guy's, Zach

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information