Quote Originally Posted by NoSlack View Post

Allan will go buy Flätsix on the board and he has recently purchased a Blackman. Allan, how do you make those dots over the a? I had a tough time with that name. I had to cut and paste it from your email to make it work.

Mike
Mike,

Thank you for the signup.

The umlauts over the a are alt + 0228. The handle is a carry over from years of car/racing forums.

So after frustrating months of looking at boats all over Southern California, from Port Hueneme to Perris I finally happened into my "dream boat" in Pt. Loma.

She is an '81 Albacore Special with two previous local owners. She had been sitting for a year with a 5.0 SBC that had let go in a spectacular way. Aside from the holes in the oilpan the boat is in very nice shape, you would have no idea she is 30 years old. It's in better shape then all the 2001-2002 Clorox bottles I had been looking at. All of you will agree, Don built these things strong. It just goes to show you what if you have a quality product and you take care of it, it will be the last boat you ever buy.

So the boat's current state is the old engine was removed and a running 5.7 Vortec with 4-bolt mains sourced, taken down to the shotblock for inspection, and gaskets replaced. I'll finish up swaping over all the gingerbread this weeked and installing the engine next week. Fingers crossed, sea-trials before next weekend.

After sea-trails, I'll run a buffer over the hull and make a decision on a name.

regards,

Allan