+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tenacious season preparations

Default Tenacious season preparations

More odds and ends on Tenacious.

FLOSCAN was not working and after checking several items with the voltmeter, looks like the forward sensor is faulty. Should get that UPS tomorrow and have her in this weekend.

Received my new radar (just a Furuno 1623). Have been bummed with short ranges and limited ~235 degree coverage due to it's mounted on the front of the flybridge. Am researching a foldable or collapsible radar mount that I can place on my radar arch. Seaview inc. has some cool stuff but, it is somewhat pricey. For the mount and a hinge base they are asking about $550. I think I can make one or have one fabricated for half of that. I love the fold-down arches but, Steve says $3500 for one of those.

I will try Chingon fabricators and see what they can do. Any other recommendations (fabricators)?
    Tenacious

Scott

If you are in the area come by J dick take a look at my boat we converted the arch to fold down it wasn't a big deal.

Russ

Russ,

Here's what I'm being told by Steve and another fabrication shop about my existing arch. First off, it is made from 1" Stainless and is as old as the boat (25 yrs old) but, it is in perfect condition. They are telling me that it will not support the 10 lb radar antenna and 8 lb antenna mount which I want to add to get the antenna away from my head a little and to allow it to have a clear view (over the bimini). What guage is the arch on your boat? I am very interested in taking a look at your arch. When are you around the dock?

Scott
    Tenacious

Default Arch

Scott,
    When you come down to J dock, take a look at my arch on the Knot Now....I raised it about 6". I also have some 1" (I think) stainless tube that I might be able to use to Fab up a lighter than 8 lbs antenna mount for you. I need more partice TIG welding Stainless away. I used a piece of Aluminum to adapt my Raymarine base to the existing mount...I know that I should not use different metals, but it has not been a problem. YET

Thanks Phil,

Really 1"? I will take a look at your arch and radar mount when I'm down there and if I haven't got a solution yet wil give you a ring.

Thanks again,
    Scott
    Tenacious

Scott
    I have the same size as you do, I dont trailer very often if I did I would support it when the arch is down. Come by any time and take a look we converted in 2002 and had no problems. I have the extention on my rador so its above my head and several antni come on by.

Russ

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information