+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Day at The Docks - Proud Dad...

Default Day at The Docks - Proud Dad...

Finally got my daughter Rose her first two fish! Not for lack of trying. She loves to fish. She just turned 6 this month. She has her own rod and reel. She can cast and reel all by herself and will spend hours on the docks and bay fishing. I have to make her stop. She always asks me to take her out in the ocean too. She's been able to fish all by herself for a couple of years. At first when she was 3 I used to put a fish trap on and cut the hook off so she could cast and play. But for over a year now she has been using the real deal, hook and all by herself, but hasn't caught anything. All my other kids no problem, but they are older and didn't start as early. The macks are so thick in LJ I was seriously about to take her out there just to get it done.

We will still hit it up of course, but they had fishing sessions at the Day at The Docks and she wanted a shot. Still took her some time, but she got one. We were both so excited hugging and jumping up and down it popped off the hook onto the dock before we could get a picture. The guy was very nice and let her catch another one so we could get a picture. So the pic below is actually her 2nd fish ever.

I think we made a decent scene. If you look in the background distance on the right you can see a guy on the phone pointing at us and people on the Top Gun 80 looking over to see what all the excitement was about.
    Last edited by Libre; 04-28-2010 at 09:58 AM.
    26' Billfisher - Libre

That is awesome Tony. I bet she won't forget that anytime soon!

Very nice !

Very awesome, those are some of the best memories.
    23 Fishmachine

Future fishing partner! Nice job Dad.
    Tenacious

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information