+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BBQ?

Default BBQ?

It looks like there's some interest in getting together, grilling up some chow and tossin back a few beverages.

First things first. We need to contact the management at the marina and secure permission to use the parking lot. Rob will make the call on Thursday the 19th.

If we get the green light from the marina, you only have 2 days to get the word out if you want to hold it this Saturday the 21st. Keep in mind the wind is suppose to blow 20+ and some of the guys might fish the Mission Bay Marlin Club tournament this weekend.

In the past we would go all out with tables, chairs, canopies, grills and a fryer. We could still go all out like we do in the fall or downsize a bit and pick a couple dates 3 or 4 weeks apart so more guys would have an opportunity to attend.

Just some things to think about while we wait to hear back from Rob.

Mike
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

What's the rush? A BBQ would be nice to do. If we wait 4-6 weeks the weathers will only get nicer and people can plan ahead. Just a thought
    Joe

I'm up for whatever...If people want to BBQ this weekend lets do it. Doubt I will be fishing with 20knt winds so drinking heavily sounds perfect this weekend! And then we can plan another 4 to 6 weeks from now too. Joe can you make down this weekend? You can stay at my pad. Who can make it this weekend on Saturday or Sunday? I have a portable BBQ I can bring, easy up, table and chairs to contribute.

Anything to avoid hanging with the wife and kids...Save me! Hahaha.

Tony
    26' Billfisher - Libre

Default BBQ

I should be down at the boat this weekend. I am going to fish the MBMC tournament. LOL Its butts and WSB. I have never caught a legal of either.
    If its blowing I will be cleaning the boat. LOL Save me....

Phil

I am in for this weekend or next weekend; I will at at J dock both weekends.
    I will bring burgers and korean beef or steak. Let me know if you guys want anything else.

Next weekend is Memorial Day weekend the parking lot will be full.

If this weekend looks like Small Craft Advisory, we will probably postpone the MBMC Tourney 2 weeks.

I talked to the CFO last night and she's up for Saturday afternoon. Doesn't have to be a BBQ either, we could grab some sandwiches at Pt. Loma SF or maybe just meet at the Bali Hai for some Mai Tais.

Sunday I'm off to China for THREE weeks now for work. My luck everybody will be catching Albacore in Lake Hodges when I'm gone.

Allan
    Allan C.

P.E.T.A MEMBER
    Portagee Euthanizing Terrified Albacore

Hamachi Girl
    1981 23' Albacore Special

I stopped by the marina office today the lady told me that Tony had already called.She said that Tony and Jerry would talk later today about the BBQ.

I had to call about some other stuff and asked about the BBQ. She told me to contact Jerry on his mobile. I left him a message. Not sure what the big deal is? BBQ with some other boat owners at the dock and some friends. Not going to be a big kegger in the parking lot or anything. As soon as Jerry calls me back I will post.
    26' Billfisher - Libre

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information