+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Formica?

Default Formica?

I need to replace a piece of Formica on a counter top. I talked to Steve and he gave me information to he place he buys form, lewis & company. It has been tough getting the right product. My boat was orderd with a white shiny formica. Dies any obne have a source for Formica? I'm in south OC, but would go to SD to get it.

Thanks. Bob

There's a Louis & Co in Van Nuys and Brea, they now carry "Formica" Brand material.

I have a commercial account with them if they won't sell to the public I can set it up for Will Call and you can send me a check. 30" X 96", 36,48,and maybe 60" by 96",120" or 144" available sizes

Brea 714 529 1771 895 Columbia Street
    Van Nuys 714 529 1771 15749 Strathern Street

Toll Free 800 422 4389

Thanks for the offer. I'm driving over there on Friday to see the will call guy. I talked to the sales dept. and I need to go in to match up the sample. I hope they have a close match.

Steve said that the original buyers wanted a different color of Formica. It is white with a shiny finish. Is that different than your boat? Most of the Billfishers I have seen had the same product I have.

Bob

Mine is white with a flat satin finish. Do not get the high gloss shiney finish, it will show scratches easily

Mine already has the high gloss finish, so I have to match that.

I drove to Lewis & Co. I found a really close sample. They had a 4 X 10 sheet for $ 440 + tax. I did not buy it because I need a 2 X 2 piece. Do you get a discount? Can you get half sheets?

Thanks for the help.

Bob

I do get a discount, but they only sell full sheets. At $440, that's $11 a square foot, it should be less than $3 a square foot. Did they give you the color and finish number, I can price it out through my account rep.

I went to Lowes and they ordered it for me. They said "Their Cost" was $205. I talked the guy down to $260 + tax. I had to move quickly to get this job done. I like your price much better. The good thing is that I was able to get the right sample number from Lewis & CO.

Thanks for your help.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information