+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Filleting fish from mexico

As far as having the skin on at home, I would just tell the A-Hole if he came to my house that the fish in the freezer/refrigerator was part of a batch I bought at a market which I didn't eat so I froze it. I paid cash for the fish. They can't prove you caught it either, there lies reasonable doubt. The only time they're going to check your house is if you really mess up on the water with overlimits, cowcod, BSB etc.

Fishing must be very, very slow. You gotta catch before you worry about what your gonna do with em.
    ________
    Wiki Vaporizer
    Last edited by Roper1; 08-21-2011 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roper1 View Post
    Fishing must be very, very slow. You gotta catch before you worry about what your gonna do with em.
    It's better to know before you go. Most of the guys on this site don't worry about catching it's not that hard, it's the BIG MONEY afterward that can break you!

Jeff you are so right, these tickets are Misdemeanors with fines that start at 450.00 and go up plus court cost that match what ever the fine is, so a 450.00 fine is $900.00. It pays to pay attention. They will deal off the misdemeanors down to an infraction the fine stays the same.

Jeff is coorect about the stuff at home I think. I don't know and I don't care at some point you do what you can. I have been stopped by fish and game more times this year than in the past ten years twice in one day by the same guys not even on my boat.

I think what alot of people are doing is just telling the FG we fished in US waters. Then you can follow the California rules and don't worry about the paperwork. Just leave the skin on the whole F.

I never paid much attention to all this before this year. I never had a problem with these guys in 40 years I never got a ticket. Now that I have and see how screwed up the rules are. And how much it cost even if you fight the ticket and win it still cost time and money for nothing.

Sorry for being so long winded on this I'm still pissed as you can see

Russ

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information