+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Day 1 no WSB

Default Day 1 no WSB

The weekend of 6/19-20 I'm devoting to looking for the local WSB. My interest was peaked a week ago when my Bro In-law call me last Sunday night and told me I left la Jolla to soon.

The WSB moved in on them around 3 pm while they were finishing up with the calicos. Armed with only 20 pound line they didn't stand a chance. They lost 6 big fish over the next 3 hours.

They re-tooled on Tuesday and took along a buddy with a spear gun.
    Diver gets his WSB and the rod and reel guys come up empty.

Thursday, same story. Diver gets his and the boys go 0 for 2.

Bro In-law and I hit the kelp early (4:30am)on Saturday. We make the first set in the dark and when the sun comes up we move to the location they fished all week. We weren't on the new spot 30 minutes when a guy fishing near the first spot nails a #40 WSB.

Around 7 am the calicos go on the chew big time and ease our pain for being in the right place at the wrong time, again. For the next hour it was every bait and every cast of the swimbait put you in tough with a 3-5 pound calico.

Next trip will be the evening bite on Sunday.

Mike
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

Default Any Luck Mike?

Hoping you're a hero Sunday PM; saw a buddy boater post yesterday holding a 37#WSB at the Bullring. The 3/4 day boats taking 2-3 a day there, I think that's the place for an early morning run, maybe Wednesday.

We blew off our Sunday evening trip do to the wind.

A buddy at work hooked up to something big Sunday around 3pm in south La Jolla. Another hard luck sorry, he never got it to color.

They're around, just got to get lucky.

Mike
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information