+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Charger/Inverter Suggestions

Default Charger/Inverter Suggestions

I have the Freedom 2000 watt charger/inverter that stopped working several weeks ago. It charges my batteries and inverts with shore power but the minute I disconnect from shore power it quits working. Talked with a tech and he says minimum $400 bucks to fix. Another tech says once they start having problems, buy a new unit. Any suggestions with these units or others would be a big help.

Thanks in advance, ZMAN

Default Scrap It!

I agree with the second guy.
    Search Ebay for a replacement.
    I bought a brand new Guest for about half the cost of retail.
    Just a charger though.
    I pretty much gave up on inverters. We weren't using the last one enough to make it worth while.
    When we did want to use it we typically had the generator going anyhow so it was just as easy to run off shore power (the generator).

P

Default inverter

Check for internal fuses...Maybe an easy fix. Otherwise, I would disconnect the inverter part and wire your microwave and plugs into shore power. I use a Honda 2000 gen when necessary.
    That is if the battery charger still works. Replace it when the charger quits.
    Knot Now
    Phil

Phil and Peter thanks for the comeback, I checked for an interior fuse but there was none. What I did do was cleaned the battery contacts with sandpaper and sprayed some electrical cleaner around some of the corrosion and it this seams to have fixed the problem. I have thought about buying the 1000 or 2000 watt honda but that means one more thing to carry and maintain. This inverter has worked perfect until the last few trips. Once this so called season is over I'm going to take it to Lewco and have them go through it.

Thanks again, Zack

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information