+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dry bilge

Default Nope

I`m keeping my mouth shut to much bad carma around me

sbsrf Guest

Jeff, sorry for the delay in replying. Just got back from 5 days at 2 harbors. With the hatch and backplate out of the way I ran a bead up about 4" on either side then dropped down to the run off trough and came forward and up the small rise. The scupper holes don't allow the wash down to exit fast enough, I think sealing the trough area is most important.

NASA Scott you are good. I've always been told BIGGER is BETTER eh? I actually thought about putting up railing around it and calling it the upper deck. As far as selling Grebe, I have not aggressively marketed her yet. I am in the process of laying out a spread for Charlie to post here. I am moving up to a 44' Bruce Roberts custom ketch. I want to arrive in the South Seas aboard my own vessel by 2006 and as much as I love her, Grebe ain't up for that trip.

Water in the small channel.
    Remove the piano hinge and replace the naughide strip. I do this every 2 years. It helps but does not completely stop all of the water.
    Hijole

Default Check the lifting handle

We used to have rain water getting thorugh our engine hatch. Could not figure out how water was getting to the underside of the engine hatch cover. I finally used 4200 to seal the lifting handle to the hatch cover. I believe the problem is solved.

Bill

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information