+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eng room gelcoat

Default Eng room gelcoat

Well as long as I had the motor out I figured it was time to re gelcaot, it looks good hope I can keep it looking this nice.

Russ
    Last edited by Time Out; 09-29-2010 at 02:20 PM.

Mike I followed your instructions and I still can't post a picture ????

Russ

Go back and hit the edit button and see what i did for the bottom picture.

Looks like you might have hit the URL buttom instead of the image button. I don't use the buttons because I always screw it up when I do. I have better luck using the key board and the copy/paste functions when doing the photos.

Mike
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

Looks great Russ! What are u doing (or did) to the engine?

Not too bad, almost looks professional! You might have a bright new future if you can ever get a C-22 License

We hit a three inch rope comming in from the 425 area on 9-11

Bent the rudder,shaft,strut,and prop. The insurance company insisted on pulling the motor replacing the mounts and sending the trans out to be gone through to make sure it had not been damaged. So I figured I might as well make her look pritty. So maybe 10,000 dollars later she won't run any better than she did before but she will be clean.

Russ

Jeff
    I have a C22 and a B and a few more and I never what to do that again. At least not on a 100 degree day. It would'nt have been so bad if it were cooler. Cleaning it was the hardest thing. I can almost stand up now. Why can't eng compartments be just a little larger. Or I guess I could be a little smaller.

Russ

Wow...you may already have, but make sure the cutlass
    bearing is in good shape too!

Quote Originally Posted by Time Out View Post
    We hit a three inch rope comming in from the 425 area on 9-11

Bent the rudder,shaft,strut,and prop. The insurance company insisted on pulling the motor replacing the mounts and sending the trans out to be gone through to make sure it had not been damaged. So I figured I might as well make her look pritty. So maybe 10,000 dollars later she won't run any better than she did before but she will be clean.

Russ

Cool

She gets a new cutlas along with the new strut and the new SS rudder,Two exaust elbows,one rebuilt hydralic steering ram,two new transducers,eng raw water shut off valve,All new hose, and a few other things I cant remember.
    Oh yes you can't put her back in the water without new bottom paint.

All in All I could have bought a new 29 for what this is costing me and the insurance company.

I think I'm going to take up shooting and get out of the boating thing,maybe Jerry can show me how.

Russ

It might be easier to bum rides on a 17 foot Whaler. Stop whining.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information