+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FLY BRIDGE

Default FLY BRIDGE

I have a Blackman 26 ft. Billfish I plan to take it to Alaska . However , I would like to have a fiber glass enclosure built over the flybridge . I had this on my previous boat and it made this trip very comfortable. Have any of you done this to a Billfisher ? If so, was the work good ? Was the weight any problem ? I plan to reduce the height of the flybridge and avoid any stability problem . I am open to your thoughts and advice . I am having a problem finding the best company to do this work.

POPS PRIDE

Call Steve at C-FAB 714-646-2616 in Costa Mesa. They do the best work on the Coast. Zack

Might be cheaper to install a second helm station down in the cabin if even possible, just a thought.

Are you worried about staying warm or dry from the rain? If you already have a bimini top and eisenglass you can get the back side enclosed with some more canvas. If you are worrined about the canvas soaking through, replace it with the vinyl backed Sunbrella. That stuff is 100% water proof and should keep the heat in better.

I would be a little concerned about adding to much more wieght to the flybridge. I know a following sea won't be an issue in the inland passage but it could make the boat a little sketchy off shore when you get back home.

Mike
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

Smile Already sketchy

With the full enclosure you wouldn't have to worry (as much) about falling out of the boat when you have the tabs down in a following sea.
    I would, however, opt for the station inside. Make it more like an Outerbanks.

P

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information