+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Getting the carpet to stick on the ceiling?

Default Getting the carpet to stick on the ceiling?

Had a leak in the hatch up front over the cabin in my Outerbanks. Replaced it with a new Lewmar unit - no more leaks. When the old one was leaking during the rain water got under the carpet and it is hanging down off the ceiling a bit in spots. My question is what is a good way to get it to stick back nice and tight to the roof? I was thinking about using an syringe and injecting some kind of glue and pushing it up till it sticks. Anybody got any tips? Thanks.
    Charley

Don't really know what you have their but would work real good is to get some 3M spray contact cement. Pull down carpet and spray for complete coverage on the ceiling and the back side of the carpet. wait un-till it gets tacky and apply the carpet. That's what i would try, maybe theirs other ideas out there.
    Royal Hook

Charlie
    I was thinking about replacing my hatch it 25 years old, before it starts leaking all the paint is falling off. What was the cost of the new one and do you have any tips on how to remove and install the new one.

Russ

Russ,
    I bought a Lewmar Ocean Hatch Size 30 - 15 3/8 x 20 1/2 in. Flange Base (LEW39630070) on-line for $402.00. Sorry, but because I am a lazy ass (and not good at clean installations ) I hired a guy to install it for me for $200.00. He did a great job, sealed real good. The Lewmar Ocean Hatch is a better quality hatch that what was used when my boat was new. You can find others cheaper but they aren't as nice. Good luck.
    Charley

Mike -
    Thank you for the advice. I will get some of the 3M stuff and give it a try.
    Charley

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information