+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New type air filter for TAMD41

Default New type air filter for TAMD41

Going down to pay Sharon at H&H about $450 for two new air filter housing and filters from Volvo. Volvo does not sell the original metal housing any longer and now uses a smaller filter for the new plastic housings. Called Napa, they never called back with info. Valley diesel took a few hours to get back and would have been cheaper but the guy did not sound like he new what he was doing. Sharon got the info, has someone she uses that is on top of it. Sharon got back to me within 10 minutes. She marked up the price for her research but got to give it to her, she was on top of it. glad to help her make a living. Mine is a TAMD41D . Spent about 4 hours tracking down this info. So if you need any info, I now have it on a PDF file.

Default H&H

I usually by my parts at H&H also.
    Knot Now
    Phil

$450 for 2 seriously you must be kidding?

Yes, I could of purchased from Valley diesel for a cheaper price but Sharon got the info right away so I told her to order them. Valley called much later with info and but I had already commited to Sharon.

I have been buying my parts from McDonnell Marine on the East Coast. They are willing to give us West Coasters a 10% discount. Sales tax is only 6% versus our higher rates. Also pay shipping but for small parts it isn't much. They usually want me to provide the part number. I have the part's guide so that isn't much of a problem. It takes several days for parts to get here but as long as you plan in advance it's okay. They will also let you talk to the mechanic. I don't do this too often but it helps when I'm stumped.

I asked Sharon about the price of a new Volvo air filter, and I think she said $86 bucks. Amazing they can ask that kind of money for basicaly toilet paper.

Default Pricing

Just for grins I looked on the marinepartsexpress site.

They sell a kit which probably comes with new elements for $185.
    They sell the elements for $47.
    So, if their kit doesn't come with the elements then you probably paid about right.
    Or, well, nevermind.
    I don't think many longtime Volvo owners are buying the Volvo element are they. I thought everybody was buying the Wix filter?

P

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information