+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fathers Day trip on the Indian

Default Fathers Day trip on the Indian

Still 3 openings for $250. Leave Friday and back Sunday night. Should be a relaxing trip. Family said I should go so they talked me into it. Ist sport fishing trip ever, except on a bottom rock cod trip on the Malahina about 10 years or more ago. Bad memories. Seems there was a switch of fish in my bag. This might be the first boat out looking for Albies, Blue Fin and yellows. I have not heard anything about tuna since the Red Rooster and AAmerican Angelar get some traveling south and on a return trip. We should do ok. I hope they leave early. I'll be there about 5pm, boat leaves at 9pm. Glad the BOCA is up and running. Will comment on my return on Monday, Lord willing.

You won't be dissapointed, Randal runs a nice opperation on the Indian.

When we were out on Tuesday, my bro in-law got a call from the skipper on the Spirt of Adventure, and they were do in Wednesday with a bunch of BFT. I didn't ask how far, but a 3 day should get you in the zone.

Mike
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

Well we got some, but not Tuna. Picked some at the bait barges Friday night, got the hopes up on catching some fish. Went to the Dumpers and started to troll on Saturday am. Cold water at 59 deg. A lil rough for some of the guys as there stomachs could not handle the quick thrust of the boat after hitting some waves all day while trolling. Worked the Dumper all day with some other sport boats. Zippo for that day, metered small groups of fish at 20 fathoms. Tried to chum them up but nada. Saturday evening decided to hit the 60 mile bank on Sunday. Arrived 3 am and drifted. Checked out the high spots with about 10 drops in the am and got about our limits by 11:30. Kept getting a lot of salmon grouper so started to try to pick on the other type. Most everyone had full gunny sacks. Everyone happy that we saved the trip with bottom critters. All fish were of good size. Most guys were commenting best bottom fishing they ever had. Ran home at about 10 to 11 knots. Weather continued to get better the closer we got to San diego. Thanks to Crew and skipper Chris Randal for a great day. Met some new friends, good food, and great crew. Would not mind going for tuna again.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information