+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MMSI via Boat

Default MMSI via Boat

Talked to Mike the Administrator last year about getting some of the Blackman owners to set up there radios with the emergency MMSI numbers via Boat US. As time went on and many things to do I have not followed up with doing this. I do have some numbers of some guys on my radio, which I do not remember while in front of the PC. Mike and I were going to get together and see how this things works. Since then I have a little 18 ft Parker behind the Blackman and I am going to try to call myself from one boat to the other. Mike if you still want to try this let me know. It makes it nice that I can be in eyesight of each boat to see how this things works. I did try to send an emergency signal a few years ago when a knucklhead rammed my boat. I only pushed for a few seconds. Mike said I should have held the dcs button at leaqst 30 seconds for the signal to be sent. If anybody wants to try out there DCS, lets all work together. It could be a great tool to keep in touch with each other while out in the water. I hope I did not write anything to confuse anybody.Via internet look up Boats US and go to the MMSI page and ck it out. It is very easy. Just have you emergency phone numbers ready and your boat CF or documentation numbers. You should be able to sign up. It is a good price. Its free.

Still interested in working it out. I need to read up on it again and tow over to your place to work the kinks out. If you get it dialed in with your two boat, that should make things easier when I come by.

Mike
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information