View Poll Results: How do you keep your fish cold?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fish hold with ice

7 31.82%
  • Ice chest on deck

10 45.45%
  • Insulated bag on the swim step

4 18.18%
  • Insulated bag on the deck

4 18.18%
  • Insulated bag in the fish hold

2 9.09%
  • I need a better set up

7 31.82%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keeping fish cold Poll

Mike, Sounds like most of us 23' guys are in the same boat so to speak.

The Bird has an o.k. size hold, but almost too small a hatch lid to stuff the right size bag down in there. I would be up for a bag that would fit in there perfect. Would the bag flex a little more if the foam was cut and sewn into a few strips on the sides instead of one big sheet to finagle into the hold? I'm in if were making a run on them. Let me know if you need any help Mike.

Thanks, J
    "Blackbird"
    1983 23' Billfisher

Jay
    I don't have a fish hold so I have no idea how big a project this would be. We both have a 23' flybridge but my under deck is all fuel. The boat was built for marlin fishing in Mag Bay. 3 fuel tanks and no fish hold.

I assume your fish box would be port or starboard of the tank. Shoot me a photo or drawing with some dimensions and I'll give it a look.

I know the hole on the 26' is like an extra room with a fair sized hatch. Coming up with a bag that would take up a third of that space and be fairly easy to get in and out should be fairly easy. The only down side to a bag in the hole would be getting it in and out for cleaning after every use.

Anyone with a 26' want to share some dimensions of the hole and hatch?

Mike
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

Wow, thats alot of fuel Mike. Gotta be a good feeling going offshore never running dry.

Mike = "Fuel ??? We don't need no stinkin' fuel!"

Always liked the second station on No Slack too. Thats on my to do list.

You are right about the hold. Port side of the fuel tank. Its really more of a storage area as its not sealed completely, you can see the fuel tank over the stringer. All the more reason for a bag to contain the ice. I'll take a couple pics and measurements this weekend.

Any chance you could use Kevlar thread for these or anything else? Strongest thread known. I have a bunch of big spools of small diameter laying around if you want to try it. Can ship it down to you. P.M. your address.

J
    "Blackbird"
    1983 23' Billfisher

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information