+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Oil Sending Unit

Default Oil Sending Unit

AQAD40A

I am replacing the oil sending unit and it has two terimals on the unit. In the replacement diagrams it shows a part number 3857532 however this part only has one terminal. I noticed one of the terminals goes to ground, maybe this is why the new style does not have a ground wire. I was hoping some one could verify I am ordering the correct part.

Marc
    23 Fishmachine

You're right Marc. Trace out the blue ground wire on the sensor and spare it out. Probable find it on the back of tha alternator with a #10 blue. Make sure the alternator wire still has a connection to ground when you're done.

Did you ever find the yellow and yellow/blue wires for the temp stuff?

Mike
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

Yes I did the sensors are mounted on the underside of the exhaust manifold. Because of our conversation about the temperature I decided to remove all the raw water cooling system and double check to makes sure everything was clear. I found in the oil cooler some of the copper tubes were clogged plus an old zinc pencil was causing issues as well.

Thanks for the help
    23 Fishmachine

Now that you found them, do you plan on moving the temp senders back to the heat exchanger?

No I didnt think it would make a difference. Do you?
    23 Fishmachine

Looking at the flow diagram for the coolant, the exhaust manifold is one of the last places the coolant goes before dropping back into the heat exchanger to be cooled. You might read a few degrees higher where it is, but as long as you establish what normal is for you're set up, they should be fine where they are.

Now that you know where they are, can you see them and make sure the connections are good? I like them on the side of the cooler so I can see them and know the wiring is good.

Mike

Very good point. I think I will probably move them I would like to see the temperature cooler.
    23 Fishmachine

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information