+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need a Turbo

Default Need a Turbo

Turned in my stbd turbo to action turbo. Need a new housing for a TAMD41 D. David at Turbo said after they sandblasted the housing, there was a 1/4 gap between the wheel and the housing. Supposed to be .001 tolerance(ten thousandth). I do not understand how I was getting enough air for the engine to run ok. Has anyone turned in a functioning turbo just to find out the turbo was worn out? Could use some encouragment on this one. Cost is gona be at least $1000. I still have the other side that I am going to clean off the carbon and see if there is much difference in each operating engine. I heard good things about Action Turbo so far. They have about 10 turbo housaing on Back order via Volvo. He is going to see if any turbo housing are around town. your feedback is welcome. Going to vacation at the Silver strand this week. so wont be back on the PC for awhile. Al

Al, call me 619-339-3656
    26' billfisher

Al, Just had mine done by Action. The cost for mine was around 1400-1600 if i remember correctly. The performance gain you will receive will quickly make you forget what you spent! I have used Action for many years and have always been happy with the work......zack

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information