+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Are Private Forums really Public

Default Are Private Forums really Public

Hey Mike,

Sometimes I'll see a note in the Private Forums say 1 person viewing however at the bottom it will say 1 Member and 1,2,3, or 4 guests when I'm not viewing that forum. I thought Private reports were Members Only

I've noticed the same thing over the years. Charlie assured me, only members that we've given permission to view them, can see them.

I think I saw a function in set up that lets you be invisible when on the site. Maybe a few of the guys are using that.

I wonder if someone was doing a Google search and the phrase they are looking for is in a thread on the private board, if it would display the thread. I can do a little test on that and see what comes up.

Mike

p.s. if the general public is reading the private reports, why don't I have more company at my favorite fishin hole?
    Last edited by NoSlack; 08-17-2011 at 06:01 PM.
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

It was configured to only allow members to see it. If you want to test it, log out and see if you can read the member only forums. I haven't verified for some time but we should be ok
    Charlie
    NOMAD

I occasionally get logged out and forget to log in and I haven't been able to see our access the private sections.
    26' Billfisher - Libre

Jeff

Made a few settings changes tonight. Let me know if you notice te same thing in the future.

Mike
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information