Just got back from a nice relaxing vacation on Oahu and Maui. Got to sneak in a day of fishing too. Called around to the local charters and found a shared trip on the Desperado that was a five minute walk from our hotel. Met the other shared charter people on the beach at 6:30 and hopped on a 10ft RIB to the waiting Bertram 31. The beach launch was interesting, but Cap'n Don had done it once or twice before and nobody got wet. It wasn't long before the 4-53 Detroits were screaming and we were running south to deep water at Warp speed (14knts). After about 30 minutes of running we slowed to trolling speed and Cap'n Jeremy (licensed captain/deckhand) put out the six line spread. 45 or so minutes of dragging skirts one of my lines pops off the rigger and I'm sitting in the chair laying the hurt to a good sized Do-Do. Within a few minutes we had her up to the boat where Jeremy grabbed the leader and sunk the gaff.

50" Bitch Do-Do (my 1st BTW). 27-30lbs est.

...and that was the only fish we caught for the rest of the day.

Jeremy filleted the fish and I split one side with the other shared charter (couple from Sacremento and an Aussie lady). The Don and Jeremy go the other side. Nobody went hungry that night for sure. That night I grilled my fish as I watched the sunset. Made for one heck of a meal that night. Pretty much doesn't get any better than that.