+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Turbo updates

Default Turbo updates

Talked with Dave at Action and he says he should be getting his back ordered turbo housings from KKK in Germany in about two weeks. It has been going on about 4 months since he placed the order. I asked him that if I bring in my other turbo, will I have to wait another 4 months. He said he only had about 4 on back order for cutomers and the other 6 casings will be for future rebuilds. $950 for rebuild and new casing with new exhaust wheel.. If anyone out there are thinking on getting your turbos rebuilt, then I strongly suggest you get it in soon. I am sure glad I did not miss out on any great tuna runs. I think I might be hitting the catalina and Clemente Islands soon. Have to do something on the boat so working on wet sanding the gel coat and buffing and waxing up for next season. Also need John to rebuild the fresh water pumps. I need top start enjoying this boat. It is getting like a expensive step daughter. Well boats are female, so I guess I should not complain.

Good news Al. I guess we are lucky 3K still supports the turbos after 25 or 30 years. Most companies would have dropped the support a long time ago.

Mike
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

Mike, the turbos on my boat have over 7000 hours. I dont think they have ever been rebuilt. That is saying something good about the turbos. Maybe KKK knows that most of the engines are overdue for turbo repairs. They might be seeing the orders increasing and see a future market for them. Looking forward to getting back on the water. The weather we have been having is driving me crazy. Too bad the fishing is not co-operating with the weather. Complaing never produces any change. Glad the website is doing great. Going to Maui from 11 to 18 of this month so tyhings will get better by the time I return.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information