+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Another Turbo Issue

Default Another Turbo Issue

Hey Guys,

I have been gone for awhile but back in the game. I ran the boat this weekend everything ran fine except for smoke at idle. Which I have had this issue for awhile but it always bothers me.

While at the family party I asked my girlfriends brother who knows a bit about diesels what he thought it could be. He said the turbo is leaking oil into the air manifold. Once back home I decided to have a look sure enough oil in the manifold. I removed the entire turbo found the shaft for the fan has play in it and oil in the air side.

I completely disassembled the turbo and know its time for parts. This is where I was hoping someone has a connection, online I see the individual parts are not available. I would think all I need is the seals and gaskets? I think the complete rebuild kit is a 875632?

AQAD40A

Ideas?

Marc
    23 Fishmachine

Start with this link, page 36 & 37 is where you'll find the info on the K26 size center section.
    http://www.turbointernational.com/im...atalog-KKK.pdf

I've seen kkk 26 rebuild kits on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/TURBO-K26-K2...item4843559a51

On page 36, the part next to #3 is a heat shield. Mine had a hole in it and hot exhaust got on the seals and bearing and took my turbo out. That part is no longer available so I bought a rusted out turbo for $50 and scored the part out of it.

Have fun getting those inside snap rings back in. It's not impossible but it will test your patience.

Mike
    Last edited by NoSlack; 12-26-2011 at 10:59 AM.
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

Hi Mike,

Thanks once again.

The impeller on the exhaust side is a little chewed up on one end, do you think that will be a problem? The manual does not list the part number.

Marc
    23 Fishmachine

If the impeller is dinged up and out of balance, it's going to take a toll on the new bearings over time. By replacing the internal parts you still haven't addressed any clearance/power issues. I know you can put it back together for $100 but it might be time to drop another $1000 in it and get a full re-build.

Mike
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

x2 what Mike said

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information