+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Launched new Billfisher

Smile Launched new Billfisher

Finally launched Utopia, on July 1st a little late but as Steve would say she was worth the wait. I love it, Blackmans did a great job. Went with the kad43, 2nd station, 65 gallon offshore tank, raised pulpit height and front bow rails 3". Put a stinger with all around and anchor light on arch. For now shes on a trailer in Huntington Beach. Fished locally 4th july weekend and most of the day 7-10-04 at the 213 area, it was kind of nasty out there that day, was impressed with the handling and fuel economy. Most important this boat attracts many fish. Wide open sand bass and barracuda first trip out. And better than most at 213 with 7 albacore 25 to 30 lb and 2 yellows.
    A happy camper
    Tom

Congratulations on getting the new boat in the water. May she serve you well over the years.

Now for your first official duty as a Blackman owner, get signed up for the BOCA tournament. There's still a lot of big fish to had this season.

Mike
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

Default Congratulations

Congratulations Tom! You should have many years of enjoyment on your Blackman. The Patrón is a year and a half old, I’ve got 830 hours on the engine and I fuss about how I don’t have enough time to use the boat. Best wishes!
    Yale
    "Riley"
    32' Blackman Sportfisher

Default Welcome to the board!

Tom,

You made a great choice on a fine boat and yes they find fish or fish find them, I'm not sure. Since you're based in Huntington you'll have to be our northern connection for Catalina and Clemente if you ever fish those areas; it would be nice to get those reports. Your boat will do anything you ask of her and get you back safe and most times dry; a good break in and regular maintenence will go a long way. Extended warranties will pay for themselves if you use your boat alot; if you haven't purchased one it's something to really consider. I'll be the first to admit my girl isn't as pretty as your Utopia, the Patron, Nomad, or even the same age Hijole and To The Limit however she's been alot of places and found alot of fish during her 8400+ hours of fun and there isn't a better made 26 footer anywhere !

Take my kids, my wife if you must, but if you touch my shorthair pointer or my boat I'll drop you dead where you stand!

Default Welcome to the board!

Tom,

You made a great choice on a fine boat and yes they find fish or fish find them, I'm not sure. Since you're based in Huntington you'll have to be our northern connection for Catalina and Clemente if you ever fish those areas; it would be nice to get those reports. Your boat will do anything you ask of her and get you back safe and most times dry; a good break in and regular maintenence will go a long way. Extended warranties will pay for themselves if you use your boat alot; if you haven't purchased one it's something to really consider. I'll be the first to admit my girl isn't as pretty as your Utopia, the Patron, Nomad, or even the same age Hijole and To The Limit however she's been alot of places and found alot of fish during her 8400+ hours of fun and there isn't a better made 26 footer anywhere !

Take my kids, my wife if you must, but if you touch my shorthair pointer or my boat I'll drop you dead where you stand!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information