+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Albacore down at the 238, 70 miles south of SD

Default Albacore down at the 238, 70 miles south of SD

I heard a confirmation that some small mexican fishing boats, fishing around the 238 caught some Albacore. Nothing on the size of fish or water temp, but sounds good. Maybe go out next coouple weeks, doing some searching and scouting. Need a shakedown cruise first. Anybody thinking on going out soon for some Albacore hunting?

As soon as the full moon passes we should start seeing them in the counts if they're really there. For me the stuff has to be within 35 miles before I'll chase it. It's not that I'm lazy, I hate getting up at 2am to go fishing.

Mike
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

Don't believe it until you someone you know and trust sees it with their own eyes otherwise you'll be chasing a dream

I heard the same report yesterday too. Fish were 18 .lbs .... IF it is true.

I read a report on Bloodydecks that some people saw someone bring the Albacore in Ensenada. It is going to take better reports then that to get me to run that far for Albacore. Supposedly caught on long line.

Same thing on F Dope. I have some good friends that own the store at the Coral and keep their 38' Blackman there and are down every weekend. So I have my feelers out to confirm the story. Let you know if I hear anything.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information