+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hydraulic steering ram

Angry Hydraulic steering ram

Anyone happen to know the hydraulic steering ram part number Blackman use?
    Mine is leaking. Looks A bit beat up and there's no part number on it. I am sure
    They use the same on for all boats with I/O built around 2003. I spoke to John
    and he said Seastar. I researched their website and they list part # HC5331-3
    for 41 series I/O but it doesn't look the same.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Mike "No Slack" for taking my call...

Found a site that has some diagrams of the different rams. Maybe you can match one of the pictures up to what you have. You'll need to zoom in to read the dimensions.
    http://boaterstore.com/Identify.html

Mike
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

Thanks again Mike. I am still not able to get a match. I spoke to XXX @ XXX and he should be able to get mine rebuilt in a couple days.
    Last edited by Wa Mei; 05-18-2012 at 11:05 AM.

After we talked on the phone i looked at mine and it has the mod# and any info you need. let me know if you need any help installing. I'm just 2 miles from the dock.
    Jeff

Thanks Jeff. Depending on what happen today, I may call you so I can stop by and take the model # of yours.

It is so frustrating dealing with people in the marine industry! I was busy and actually wanted to pay people to do
    the work, but I just can't get people to do what they say. I called to have my boat checked out on May 7th. I asked
    if they can do so by May 9th...oh, we can absolutely look at it before Wednesday the 9th. Didn't happen until 4pm
    Friday May 11.

I had a steering ram leaking and was going to order a new ram, but was told by a shop they can have it resealed on
    Monday latest Tuesday, then Wednesday, then Thursday and today Friday at 8:30am, I am told "hey, the seals for
    the steering ram are in bad shape!" Okay, I think we all know that on MONDAY! I was suppose to get a call back by
    9am and it's almost 11am. Who am I kidding...if they did not return my call yesterday, what makes me think they
    will back me back today...

Argh...2 weekends of no fishing sucks! I will try to control the urge to borrow your steering ram when I stop by. You
    may want to keep an eye on me though...

Yep that sucks, just when WSB start showing. Let me know if you need anything. And thanks for the heads up, I may have to sleep on the boat and gaurd my sterring ram. HA

Hey Jeff, you are safe to sleep in the house again...I got the ram back late Friday. I got it installed Saturday and left the harbor for last minute trip to Catalina. Lot's of boat traffic due to the tournament. I did manage to hook and lost our only wsb at gaff...

I took the chance and slep in the house. I was out Sunday in my Whaler and stopped by your slip and your nieghbor said you were at Cat. At least you hooked up I won't be able to get over there for another 2 weeks. keep in touch.

Mine is a k-13 or K-14
    . I think The difference is the stroke. The K-13 is 9 inches and the K-14 is 7 inches.
    the length of the cylinder k-13 is 13.87 inches K-14 is 11.87 inches.
    the repair kit is the same.
    I purchased the kit at SD Marine Exchange. It's a little tricky to assemble the first time.
    I have seen new cylinders on EBay
    Hijole

Thanks for the info "Hijole"!

Quote Originally Posted by hijole View Post
    Mine is a k-13 or K-14
    . I think The difference is the stroke. The K-13 is 9 inches and the K-14 is 7 inches.
    the length of the cylinder k-13 is 13.87 inches K-14 is 11.87 inches.
    the repair kit is the same.
    I purchased the kit at SD Marine Exchange. It's a little tricky to assemble the first time.
    I have seen new cylinders on EBay

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information