+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Billfisher 26

Default Billfisher 26

Hi Guy's,

New to the board here, 1st post. Anyhow I have been thinking about getting a Billfisher 26 for a while now, the problem is there aren't many here in Hawaii so it's almost impossible to get honest feed back on how the boat rides and handles especially in Hawaiian waters. I know every boat has it's pros and cons, my 23' Seacraft cuddy cabin tsunami model is no different, good riding in head seas, rolls like crazy but better than getting pounded to death like some other boats. I fish the windward side of the island so we get 15 to 20 mph winds with 4 to 6 seas on average.

I love the look and layout and from the sounds of it most everyone that owns one is more than happy with their boat. Just want to get more info and feed back before taking the plunge. Any one know of any owners in Hawaii? Thanks in advance.

Aloha Randy

Send a note to Hamachi Girl. Allen knows a lot about the Bill fishers.

I saw a Billfisher parked in a back yard in Maui. It's 1 street behind the Harley Davidson store.
    Hijole

Howsit Randy!

Don't listen to Al, I don't know much about 26s. That's a richman's rig.
    There is a 26 Billfisher in Nawhilliwilli harbor in Kauai. Don't know who the ower is though. Steve says that there is a handfull of 26s over in the islands and people love them.

Mahalo,

Allan
    Allan C.

P.E.T.A MEMBER
    Portagee Euthanizing Terrified Albacore

Hamachi Girl
    1981 23' Albacore Special

A 26' in the San Diego area just came on the market today.
    http://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/mem...-30-000-a.html

If the link to the Bloody decks site doesn't work for you, email me and I'll forward the info.

Mike
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

Thanks Guys,

I found one! It's an 87 out of Mexico just got it yesterday and am in the process of cleaning it up and trying to figure things out. The electronics must be the original stuff that came with the boat when it was new, furuno radar, mono chrome fish finder, benmar ap. I need to update the electronics, I'm thinking GPS and autopilot first then add on the fish finder and radar last.

Any suggestions on the GPS and auotpilot?

Thanks Randy

Personally I like garmin on the gps,furuno for the radar and sounder. Raymarine on my autopilot. Figured get what ever brand is best for a particular unit.
    26' billfisher

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information