Thread: Hamachi Girl: Ling Veal

Default Hamachi Girl: Ling Veal

2.5lbs of baby Ling

Allan C.

P.E.T.A MEMBER
    Portagee Euthanizing Terrified Albacore

Hamachi Girl
    1981 23' Albacore Special

Not exactly the best follow up to 24# butt; I know you're not starving so why keep it just to get 2 fish sticks out of it.

You might want to read up on the updated F&G Regs from a couple of years ago; just because it's legal in Mexico is no longer acceptable to possess in California and that includes short lingcod, if you caught it in the U.S, well shame on you. A 22" fish is 4#, a 26" is 5#, and a 28" is a little over 8#. You need to let them grow!

OOWWW! Take it easy there. Sounds like something I read on Bloodydecks.

So you think it's OK Al, a 15" Lingcod? I hope it hurt, I hope Allan is as pissed off about my comment as I am about him taking and boasting about a lingcod that's barely bigger than the shoes he's wearing and then posting it on the public side for all to see. That along with the PETA Logo doesn't help our image at all and helps bite us at a later date.

I'd like to think we as Blackman Boat owners would promote and hold a higher standard and skill level than the average googan and that post does neither. Call me goofy but I remember the days when I had my first few boats and I always looked up to the guys with Blackmans because they were great fisherman and were always catching quantity and quality too. Those guys had some serious money in their boats and equipment and they fished hard and made a name for themselves and the Blackman Fleet. We have some exceptional fishermen in our club and their are a few outside the club as well carrying on the tradition today. It's through the efforts of these owners that our boats are still widely recognized throughout the fishing community and they have gained the respect from serious fishermen and the commercial fleet as well. When I purchased my Blackman from a buddy whom I went through Jr High and High School with in 1995 who had won in his boat or been on a team which had won any saltwater tournament held in Southern California (except Halibut) , I was more worried about the tremendous shoes I had fill and reputation to keep up than than price I would have to pay for the boat. It sounds corney but it's true. When I've gone fishing on other private boats and even sportboats, I've often heard the skipper say when coming into a new area to fish where there's a group of boats "What are those guys in the Blackman doing?" Or, "those guys in the Blackman are hooked up again!" And it's no small wonder; who's in the middle of a seabass bite off La Jolla recently? A Blackman Pilothouse. Who would win most of the halibut tournaments on any given day if he would only take the time to enter them? An Orange 23 Billfisher. Who has had consistant Top 3 finishes in the local rockfish tourneys? A 26 Billfisher. Who finishes in the money in many of the local small boat marlin tournaments? Several 26 Billfishers. The list goes on and on throughout Southern California.

Al, if you think I was a little rough with my comments and it reminded you of BD then so be it; however for the reasons stated above I stand by my words and to tell you the truth the original post reminded me of the extinct Buddy Boaters Website and all the crap that went along with it; something I never want this site to turn into hence the reason for my reply. I also wanted to make him aware of the regulation change in the Fish & Game Code, it's not in the regular Fishing Regulations Handbook. We're Blackman Owners, pretend like you've been there before!
    Last edited by DOGHOUSE26; 07-02-2012 at 11:37 PM.

It was over 22" and legal... so go kick rocks. I'm goin' fishin'.
    Allan C.

P.E.T.A MEMBER

Hamachi Girl

"OOWWW! Take it easy there. Sounds like something I read on Bloodydecks. "
    My comment was nothing concerning legal or moral or anything like that. I thought you used too much frustration/anger in your comments, which you are intitled too.. I guess that is why text messages can sometimes be misunderstood. I hope this does not start any negative feelings.

Al,

Just a lesson on how it's not a good idea to run your mouth/keyboard without knowing all the facts. It was over 22" and I runt. The only reason it went in the bag was it was hooked pretty bad with that candybar and wouldn't have survived anyways. If he has an issue with that than maybe he should go take it down to 1/2day boats and see how far he can get.

I'm out.

Mike, lock this one down.
    Last edited by Hamachi Girl; 07-05-2012 at 05:18 AM.
    Allan C.

P.E.T.A MEMBER

Hamachi Girl

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information