+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Slipped the boat for a few months at Marina Village Marina G-3

Default Slipped the boat for a few months at Marina Village Marina G-3

Just slipped my boat yesterday June 1st, on G-3 dock/slip. nice people so far. Went down today just to make sure all systems are working. I heard yellows and barricuda, were biting around La Jolla but after further investigation, my connections said they were all small size. Anybody hear anything better. Sounds like fishing is going to be better then the last few years. I hope to be using the boat more often. See you guys around the water front.
    Al

For us trailer guys, getting there is half the battle. Now you have that part covered, I'm sure you'll get a lot more use out her.

Mike
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

Shoulda been there Sunday I guess it bit pretty good off SW La Jolla; slow today with a few boats maybe have 2 YT and alot of barricuda if you were there early. Sloppy but fishable ocean. Al you're going to love being in a slip makes those afternoon half day trips a breeze!

I was down at the Marina on Sunday with the family. Cold blowing South wind. I felt relieved thinking the conditions were wrong. Then I hear how good it was. So much for that theory.
    26' Billfisher - Libre

oNLY QUESTION i HAVE IS ABOUT BONDING AND WHAT IS NEEDED IN A BLACKMAN OUTERBANKS. i JUST HAVE ZINCS ON SHAFT rudder and trim tabs. Dan at SD marine xchange said if thredw hulls are ok, I shouod be ok to be in the water. My question is when I have shore power is that when the problems can arise. My engines dont have zincs and was told that the TAMD41's dont need zincs. Another old time said put pencil zincs in the basket strainers, mine are plastic. So many people trying to be helpfull put a lot of fear trying to be helpfull. Looking to see if it would be better to put boat on trailer and by diesel on land rather then at the fuel dock. I thought I saw two prices. I guess one is gas and the other red dye diesel. All comments are helpfull.
    Al

The trouble starts when your neighbors have scows sitting in the water nearby and hooked up to shore power.
    If they are using the wrong(read that cheap automotive) charger for thier batteries, or have no bonding left they send stray current into the marina and that eats your zincs. Mine lasted 3 months this last time. So its time to talk to the marina master about the derilict boats around me. Least he could do is comp the slip for the time I have to pull it to rezinc it.

Grey Goose, thanks for the info. what is a scow?

Scow is a term loosley used for a run down boat, But I think it actually refers to a flat bottomed flat ended utility boat.

Hey Al;
    The 41s have and need zincs any time their in salt water. Theirs a couple zincs on the out drive and some pencil zincs in different places on your engine. I know I have one in my heat exchanger and I've placed a few more where their were drains on the block and after cooler. I also put some big ones on my trim tabs that seem to really collect the juice. Any thing metal should be wired into these zinc locations.
    Royal Hook

I was told by the previous owner they did not have any but he never docked his boat only ran out to the 60 mile bank. I looked but did not find anywhere to put them, but I will look on the operations manual again, thanks Mr. Hook.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information