+ Reply to Thread

Thread: White sea bass and squid off La Jolla

Default White sea bass and squid off La Jolla

I spoke to a fellow Outerbanks owner at Marina Village today. He said the Pedro squid seiners wiped out the squid along with a lot of white sea bass. Anybody hear likewise. I think DogHouse26 said he did well a few weeks ago around IB. Never tried fishing night for the wsb. I guess squid is choice of bait and between 1 and 4 in the am is the best time. Not sure of depth or locations to fish them.

Going out tomorrow for some bottom fish outside MB channel. Try my last spot and some other new places. Got a new Diawa 2 speed with some 50# rated power pro, squid, gulp bait pink and white and some mackeral. Might get some live bait to try other surface fish, etc. Going to take out asome friends of a friend. They are experienced, I hope. Most fisherman I will have ever taken out. My boat was extended by previous owner. It is 4 ft extra on the stern. should be able to fish 2 on the upper deck rail and 2 on the lower deck rail. One on the flybrige and another on the bow. Worse case scinerio. Might just take turns on each drift. The wind was picking up good when I went down today around 12:00 to 1:00. Feels like the weather is changing and cooling down with some marine layer. If anybody out today, give up a weather comment. TTYL.

There's plenty of squid and seabass right out front; you just have to look for it. Libre got a couple of fish last night and another boat did quite well. Get out early, find some squid on your meter, jig up some for bait and start fishing. Get some good binoculars so you can see what the other guys are doing that are catching fish. It's always slower on the weekends; c-bass don't like boat pressure.

OK thanks for the info. I think you are mentioning night fishing. oUT FRONT OF mb, i ASSUME.

Al,

Please use the Private Forum so we can keep this amongst our members only

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information