Buddy (Jerry) met me at the house at 4:30 and had Hamachi Girl hooked up to the truck and rolling by 4:45. Picked up my other two buddies (Gabriel and George) on the Mercy Road offramp at 5:15. Crossed the border at 6:00 on schedule. My buddy Curtis (and neighbor Chris) follows a few minutes later with his 23 Striper in tow. After a brief paperwork check, money exchange, and FMMs we hit the road for expecting to have lunch in San Quintin for seafood cocktails.

Hit SQ on schedule after a fuel stop in Vincente and made to stop for lunch. Gabriel orders the last order of smoked clams at the roadside stand so the rest of us have to make due with Shrimp/Octopus/Clam cocktails. No possible way to describe how good these were so I'm not even going to try.

Make our last fuel stop in El Rosario. I top off the truck and fill the three fuel jugs with Pemex's finest diesel. On the road again for under a mile till Curtis declares he need some Carne Asada tacos before the long haul.

Back on the road again. I guess the guys that laid the asphalt must have put the measuring tape in the wash and shrunk it. I could swear the trailer tire is touching the yellow middle line and the white "shoulder". The Mexican truck drivers are pros and give us as much room as possible. We continue to thread the needle making a couple of stops to get the blood in the butt flowing again. The Bimini on the boat is completely shredded now from the wind... this is why you bring duct tape I guess.

We finally make the turn down to BoLA and begin the final stretch. Road is a lot wider and I'm no longer dodging pot holes.

As we make out way closer to our destination the spirits reach a high point as BoLA is in fuel view in front of us. Well... everybody else gets to look but I have to get my eyes on the road. We hit town and roll into the Pemex to top off as a couple of weeks before they ran out of Diesel. They have it so we grab it while we can to make it back to El Rosario no problem. We make our way to Guillermo's and while Gabe checks us in I crack open the coldest, tastiest Tecate ever. Victory is ours! Home to BoLA in 12hrs with plenty of time to watch the sunset.