+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 200 Hp Volvo diesel and outdrive

Default 6 cyl volvo diesel and Duoprop out drive

engine is sold but have 280 dual prop outdrive for $1,200,
    Last edited by beardog629; 04-09-2014 at 07:36 AM. Reason: lowered price

Seems like a fair price for anyone who wants to re power to a diesel.
    Royal Hook

Is the engine and out drive still available?

yes it is, i have it on an engine stand hooked up to a battery and fuel so you can hear it run

I was over at Kelly's on Sat. Engine was dead cold and it fired right up. Buy it before I do.
    Allan C.

P.E.T.A MEMBER
    Portagee Euthanizing Terrified Albacore

Hamachi Girl
    1981 23' Albacore Special

Blew my upper gear case Saturday waiting to hear if my entire leg is toast but still interested.

What's the difference between the 41A and 41P, aside from injectors and internal parts are they the same mounting configuration and interchangeable with the 41A, just install and reconnect fuel line etc? Are the wiring harness and instrument panel the same? Tired of the black smoke from my 41A

Thanks Randy
    Last edited by Imiloa; 02-11-2014 at 04:50 PM.

Randy,not sure of the difference,,i would call Kozwell in OC im sure they would know,,have the late model outdrive sold but still have the 280 dual prop drive,,

Thanks, Kelly so the DP e is sold? do you know if the 280 is the small pin ss bracket with the small spline shaft? Has any work been done on the 280?
    Last edited by Imiloa; 02-12-2014 at 08:23 PM.

not sure about the ss pins but this was the outdrive the previous owner had matched to the engine, its spline is the same size as the DPE just less teeth,give me a call,,

The 41A and 41P are the same engines, 200HP at the shaft, the P being the latest version. Minor changes were a smaller plastic air cleaner cage, a different crankcase breather system, different style valve covers and heat exchangers. I think the harnesses and gauges are the same.
    Randy how many hours on your 41A ? Black smoke is generally dirty injectors and/or weak turbo, how many hours ago were they serviced/rebuilt? In my experiences with regular use you can expect 1,000-2000 hours on injectors and 2000-2500 hours on a turbo.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information