+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rock Fish Derby Tournament

Default Rock Fish Derby Tournament

Hello Everyone,

A friend of mine is really involved in a new rock fish tournament. Its called the Rock Fish Derby. It's on March 1st. It's for a great cause in benefiting the Wounded Warrior Project and Hero's on The Water.

Not too expensive to enter at $50 per Angler.

Lots of great sponsors!

I'm planning on participating.

Check it out! http://www.rockfishderby.com

Thanks,
    Tony
    26' Billfisher - Libre

Tony

I read the rule and I can't tell if it's straight Rockfish or Rockfish/Lingcod. Do you know?

Two completely different game plans depending on the format.

Mike
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

I'm in if boat work is all finished be a perfect way to test the 1k transducer haha
    Devocean 26

Quote Originally Posted by NoSlack View Post
    Tony

I read the rule and I can't tell if it's straight Rockfish or Rockfish/Lingcod. Do you know?

Two completely different game plans depending on the format.
    It's straight rock fish for the tourney. However, what I heard there will be a Lingcod jackpot fish you can buy into. There will also be a luck of the Lingcod category where someone will win a Seeker rod for the first Ling of the day. More info about it will be posted.

Tony
    26' Billfisher - Libre

This was a great event!!! There were about 40 boats and 40 kayaks. The banquet was at the SD Marlin Club. The fish fry afterwards was really good. Not that I would know because I didn't eat any. The raffle prizes and bags were amazing. I couldn't believe how much quality stuff they gave away. The tournament shirts are cool and they had long sleeve white UV resistant shirts for sale for cheap. Well run event and a great cause. Will definitely try to do it again next year.

I won the biggest Boccaccio Jackpot. I missed winning the biggest fish (Red) by .1! We got second on that and second in the Ling Jackpot.

Day started off dicey. We left early Saturday morning in mostly dark. It was raining and strong east wind. The channel was sketchy bad! It was so bad 1/4 of the mile out I turned us around to come back in because we were never going to make it to our spot. We waited it out for daylight and the wind died down so we gave it another try. This time around much different heading out. Was rough and one of our crew got sick pretty much right when we stopped on the first spot and was sick the whole time. But he was a trooper and stuck it out. Although, we did leave about an hour earlier than I wanted too.

Tony
    26' Billfisher - Libre

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information