+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Deck work

Default Deck work

So after working on the fuel tank one thing leads to another and we finally decided to redo the deck. It wasn't really in the plan because of the cost of deck paint, but we think we found a good alternative, 10X deck paint! Here's the before and the first coat.

What do you think? We'll keep you posted on how good it all works out, but so far it's looking pretty good.
    Last edited by NoSlack; 01-12-2019 at 04:04 PM.
    23 Fishmachine

Look good. I went with a product called Kiwi Grip to re-coat and improve the nonskid on my deck. It's been 5 years or more and it's holding up great. http://kiwigrip.com/

Mike
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

We found this at Lowes, called Rustoleum Restore. Figured for $25 a gallon it wouldn't hurt to give it a try. Looks like one gallon will cover two coats on our deck.
    23 Fishmachine

Just saw a commercial for that stuff. Looks just like the Kiwi Grip in texture and the way you apply it. DO the instructions say anything about using a special roller to get a non skid surface? The roller you can get with Kiwi Grip looks like a lufa and leaves a very aggressive non skid.

Mike

There is a special roller but they also said you can use a 1/2 to 3/4 inch nap roller which we did. It worked, but when the paint thickens up it just compacts the roller. We may do a final coat with the "special" roller. But it came out good, we're pleased with the results. I wouldn't say it's an aggressive non-skid, but it is comfortable to walk on. Better than that roof gravel we had LOL
    23 Fishmachine

I had to work in small areas to keep the stuff workable too. If you have enough stuff after the second coat, tape off the areas you walk and might need a more aggressive non skid and try the special roller in those areas.

Mike

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information