+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Deisel install.

Default Deisel install.

When I pulled my engine I had torn it down pretty far so as to figure out how to get it out of there. Now that I am getting ready to put it back in I would like to reassemble it as much as possible on the stand. has anyone put one in with the turbo mounted in place? it appears like I have room to start all the way forward and tip back to clear but that's with a tape measure and not with a 1300 pound motor swinging on a chain.
    Motor is a KAD300, pretty fat with the super charger and the aftercooler box. but full assembly would be ideal prior to placement. Any experience?

I think Joe on the Honey Girl was the only other guy on the board running a 300. He doesn't check the board very often, so your best bet would be contacting him via email. I'm sure he's pull that engine a time or two.

Mike
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

I took my 41D out 3 or 4 times and we never took the turbo off ; however I do remember one time when we dinged my fiberglass gutter under the hatch hinge when we lowered the motor back in and we forgot to raise the front end of the motor up and angle the rear of the motor in first and then lower the front end down. The supercharger and related equipment is all on the front end so no problem there. Is this going in a 26 or 23'. Did you run a 300 before? If not, get ready for some frequent outdrive service & repair as I know Joe couldn't keep the same outdrive for more than a season that's a lot of power pushing a lot of weight.

Mike and Jeff, I believe grey goose purchased the Honeygirl from Joe...

Quote Originally Posted by Wa Mei View Post
    Mike and Jeff, I believe grey goose purchased the Honeygirl from Joe...
    And a Damn Fine Boat she is !

Yeah this one is the honey girl, The out drive has been gone through, It is a bunch of power back there but when running it can really get out of its own way. It has under gone a lot of upgrades since I got it and pulling the motor was more of an exercise in maintaining it to top level while it was out of the water. It was taken care of very well before me so I gotta keep it going. that said it looks like I will put it all together on the stand and hoist it in complete. I will be tipping it back on the chain and try not to tear up the deck as it goes by. it is nice to be able to touch every thing that is on the motor while it is on the ground. When I am done here if anyone wants or needs to use the stand I built it is available.

Yes I'm sure that 300 really makes the boat move and more importantly never makes the engine work hard @ normal speeds. Mine has 260 behind and the difference between it and the AD41-200HP is night and day!

When you get done with the motor, and you want to paint your bottom while still on the trailer, we have 3 stands available to lift your boat and hold it above the trailer for painting

Going to hoist it up Thursday and bolt it in. Its clean and painted and the bildge has new lights all wires cleaned up. lets see how it goes. Always fun dragging up a motor over a boat.

Quote Originally Posted by grey goose View Post
    Going to hoist it up Thursday and bolt it in. Its clean and painted and the bildge has new lights all wires cleaned up. lets see how it goes. Always fun dragging up a motor over a boat.
    Yep never felt comfortable when the engine was in the air!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information