+ Reply to Thread

Thread: outdrive trim issue.

Default outdrive trim issue.

Got the boat back in the water after having it torn apart and outdrive rebuilt. seems that the shift control needed to be recalibrated since I had to limp it to the slip, would not give more than 925 rpm and slammed into gear hard.
    took the book down and did the recalibrate and now it does not blink any codes. and seems to shift in and out of gear. Now the trim will not raise the outdrive? it will make the high pitched whine that means it has gotten to its limit in the down mode where I keep it in the slip, but will not respond when pressing the button for up? I have switched the relays and it stays the same. Any ideas on how to over ride the trim system so I can tow this on the trailer if I have to? Drive is stuck in the down position.

Not to sure what outdrive system your using here (blinking codes?).
    I would look at the switch wire connectors first (loose/dirty)
    then try to switch up/down wires to isolate the switch.
    You may also have a limiter switch and the unit is stuck in the down positions until it can be manually lifted off the limiter.
    Try using a gaff to lift O/D while the lift switch is activated.
    Good luck
    Shut down all power prior to doing any electrical work
    Royal Hook

I have found that the trim can be over ridden or bypass the switch by taking apart the plug with the green and blue wires leading from the relays to the trim motor. use a jumper wire from the positive post at the batt and the blue wire will raise it and the green wire will lower it, this is a simple way to move the out drive if the switch becomes inoperable. I also found that the indicator sensor was off a couple of notches on the wheel at the helmet on the outdrive, Hence my problem with it not going back up.
    R Hook. I have the diagnostic panel on the dash that is used to start the engine in sync with the key it can be used to calibrate the shift/Throttle mechanism and will blink out codes that can be found in the manual for trouble shooting.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information