+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Coral and beyond...

Default Coral and beyond...

Time Out, To The Limit and the Nomad made the journey down to Coral this weekend. Brian (GoFishGo) joined me on the Nomad. The trip down on Friday was great. Left about 12:30 in the afternoon, grabbed 1 1/2 scoops of dines and we were on our way. The seas were flat, the sun was shining and we made great time. Got to Coral around 6:00 I guess. We were all docked close together and proceeded to have a bit of a party. BBQ's were blazing and the margaritas were flowing (perhaps a few to many). Turned in around 10:00. Of course Time Out was on the water at 0:dawnthirty. The To The Limit and the Nomad decided breakfast was the order of the day and then headed out. We went out about 10 miles or so and then headed South. Found a few paddies, all dry. Worked past the Peanut Bank when I heard that there were some paddies with biters (thanks Dan!) down at the 18/19 line. Worked our way further South but couldn't find any Paddies. Met up with the Time Out at the Lower 500 where they found a spot of fish but we couldn't get them to go. Worked our way North and came across a promising looking paddie. Tossed a bait and immediatly hooked up. Brian tossed a bait and hooked up too. The fish were small at first but quickly turned into 20lb+ toads. Brian pulled in the big one of the day at 28.4 pounds. We ended up with limits plus and returned 5 to grow up. Dinner at the Coral Saturday night and trolled our way home Sunday. Great trip and one I'll repeat before the end of the season!

Last edited by Nomad; 08-10-2004 at 08:22 PM.
    Charlie
    NOMAD

Holy cow, that's a beast of a yellowtail. Now I see why you were in a hurry to update the board.

Concrats to you and the crew for landing the top fish in that catagory.

Mike
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

Sounds like a fun trip. Been doing that one all season. Let's get a Blackman Coral trip going instead of every other one of us out every other weekend?
    Glenn (Wizard)
    "The Reel One"
    26' Billfisher

Nice Charlie,

Now that's a tournament yellowtail. No tuna eh? Sounds like you guys had a blast.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information