+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 26 Billfisher Fresh water tank

Default 26 Billfisher Fresh water tank

The fresh water tank on "No Bad Days" no longer holds more then a couple gallons of water. The tank is located under the cabin floor and will need to be cut out. Has anyone replaced one? Did you put it back in the same place or relocate somewhere else?

What's up with the tank, is the tank leaking? Back in 1983 the tanks were stainless and I can't imagine mine would ever leak. If you fill your tank and the pump loses suction after a few gallons, maybe the pickup tube broke off.

Mike
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

Hard to tell cause there's only a 10in. pry plate for access. Its definitely leaking most of its contents into the bilge.

Are you sure it's under the cabin? I thought mine was on the starboard side behind the refrigerator, I'll have to re-check. Your hull is just a couple of numbers off mine I think.

Quote Originally Posted by DOGHOUSE26 View Post
    Are you sure it's under the cabin? I thought mine was on the starboard side behind the refrigerator, I'll have to re-check. Your hull is just a couple of numbers off mine I think.
    Pretty sure it is. There is a pry off deck plate in the floor for access to the pickup for the pump.

That's not the Forward Bilge Pump Access Plate ?

My is a lot later (97), but mine is under the front bunk. The front floor access plate is for the front bilge pump.
    Knot Now
    Phil

There is 2 inspection plates. One is the forward bilge pump and the other is the water tank.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information