+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sea Legs back to Glacier Bay

Default Sea Legs back to Glacier Bay

Just got back from a 6 week round trip cruise from Pt. McNeill to Acke Bay and Glacier Bay. Went up with three other boats, a Skipjack 26 and two brand new Sea Sport 30s. Same destination as before but with different routes and activities. Had a great time fishing, shrimping and crabbing. Salmon fishing is awsome this year in Canada and Alaska--but we could only catch what we could eat. My biggest halibut was 68.5 lbs near Hoonah, just across Icy Strait from the entrance to Glacier Bay.

I had to come back earlier than the other three boats, so came back solo and with good wx made the trip in 8 days. They are still up there. Have some great pics that I will post if I can figure out how to do it.

This time I went with a new plotter (Sitex Colormax 11) so navigation was a snap, and I managed to avoid rocks.

Bob

Outstanding Bob,

Welcome back. No groundings I presume? Guess after your first trip you really had a leg up on where to fish. I admire your spirit of adventure.

Scott

Default Jealous!

Very exciting and I can't wait to read another report and check out the pics!

email or send the pictures to me and I'll get them on the site!
    Charlie
    NOMAD

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information