+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BFT Frustration 6-15-16

Default BFT Frustration 6-15-16

Made our 3rd trip yesterday chasing the elusive Bluefin between the 371, 302, and the Lower 9; drew a blank again on an obviously down day for Tuna Catching. We had our chances early, and even had Madrugador on the other side of a school we were chasing for awhile but never even got a bump off the poppers. The day before it was wide open from the islands to the upper 9 with many fish over 100# landed; but yesterday it was just a handful. One of my buddies got one early in the AM 5 miles below south island, but we didn't have Visas so we only went as far as inside the 371. Back up to the border outside the 9 where we encountered several birdschools of 20-40#Yellowfin in the afternoon, but they didn't want the iron or poppers either. I only have 1 - 77# BFT to show for approximately 410 miles of searching over 3 trips which leads me to believe our timing sucks!

Those bft can be very frustrating Jeff. The full moon should get them to go on a chew. I may give the cbass a break and head south to join the party 😄

Good luck on your next trip!

Seen you out there that day . We managed to get 1 around 70. 1st tuna for me on the new boat .not a bad way to break it in.

I feel your pain Jeff. I've got a couple nice boat rides in and a lot of practice flying the kite. If anything pops within 200 yards and there is at least 3 knots of wind, it's on.
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

Keep at it . I'm up to 4 . Largest is 120 . Lost one on the kite yesterday. Loving the new boat . Still want to get a cow on it though .

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information