+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blackman Owner Again ???

Default Blackman Owner Again ???

Hello all and Happy Thanksgiving. It's been awhile since I sold my Billfisher (Patron) to Jeff. I am once again considering a Blackman , this one an Outer Banks w/ D4. What's the market like? I know the owner paid 80+ for this boat 4 years ago. It has low hours 500 or so. Original electronics sold with the boat new in 06. 12000 lb Pacific trailer. Opinions ? It's the old (Heron)

Mike

It will be my 4th Blackman.Click image for larger version

Name:	Outer Banks.jpg
Views:	779
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	214
    Last edited by Mac Attack; 11-24-2016 at 06:44 AM.

The market is still pretty strong on Pilothouse models, there weren't many built; plus the fact it has the newer generation D4-225 motor instead of the AD41 adds to it's value. A little more noticeable horsepower. The original owner was just a couple of slips down from me and he had a little trouble with the hydraulic steering but I think the problem was solved eventually. The market has come back a little bit and Unlike the more common 26' Billfishers which have been selling anywhere from 30-50K for the most part unless they are a very late model with a KAD 43 or 44 for power which sometimes brings up to $75K, the same year pilothouses have been going for 45-55K with AD41s and 55-80K for the D4s which were very few. There are others priced higher but they haven't been moving. Unless you find a lot of maintenance issues with the motor or outdrive I don't think the Heron's value has changed more than $5K either way depending on demand for what's out there at any given time IMHO.

Thanks, it's my understanding that the newer outdrives behind the D series motors are bullet-proof? This boat is loaded, much like the Patron, generator, hot water heater, water-maker , tower with controls up top.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information