+ Reply to Thread

Thread: radar arch

Default radar arch

hi gents,does any one have experince with mounting an open array type radar on a billfisher? i really want to get the extra power it provides, but @50lbs it might be more than blackmns arch can hold.any ideas ? or contacts w/a fabricator, would be greatly appreciated! thanks tom

I personally think it could hold the wieght.

I'm sure the arch could hold the weight no problem. How wide of an Open Array are you thinking? Be sure to consider where your antennas will mount and more importantly be sure to compensate the mounting plate so the unit is level while underway at the speed you would normally be running at. I really believe you are better off with an enclosed unit on boats of this size.

dog house, thanks for the reply, yeah after smoke testing i went and dropped down to the garmin 24"fantom ,wanted the 4' open array but @50 lbs it was too much.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0499.JPG
Views:	356
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	219 i,m new at this but i think this is a pic of the arch

The other thing you have to worry about is whether or not you have a fold down arch. Blackman only put the RADAR Units on Arches that he manufactured to fold down while trailering. It you didn't have a fold down arch (I Don't) he would mount them on the bridge above the windshields on a stainless steel bracket. I don't think that is the best mounting but it is what it is. Just mke sure while your boat is on a trailer make sure everything stays below 13' off the pavement

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information