+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bocapix going away

Default Bocapix going away

When the bills come due in March 2019, I thinking about not renewing the hosting for our picture site bocapix.com . I think I'm the only one uploading pictures there and it will cut the yearly cost in half to host just the message board.

I've downloaded all the photos to a thumb drive so they won't be lost forever. The down side is any post on the message board that linked to a photo on bocapix, will no longer display the photo in the message. I have a workaround, but I'll have to do it one post at a time. If you run across a post that you think it's important to see the pictures, let me know and I'll work on it. Things like maintenance and projects should be on the top of the list.

Mike
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

That's a bummer Mike. Would you consider raising funds (e.g. dues) for website "membership"? I think you did that once before if I'm not mistake? I really value is visual as well as informational aspect of BOCA. I am willing to pay a yearly fee to keep photos up for all.

Just my two cents,

Thanks again for all you do.

Brian
    Brian Groff
    "Little Provider"
    1974 Blackman Fishmachine 20

Raising funds was reel easy when we would get together every fall for BBQ. Put out a collection cup next to a pile of steak, lobster and onion ring and we had more than enough to cover the cost of running both sites. I'm all for having a spring BBQ, but I have always left that up to the guys on J dock at Marina Village to secure a date to use the parking lot.

As far as pictures go, you can upload pictures to this site when you wright up a post. They will appear as a thumbnail at the bottom of your post. I can edit the post or show everyone how to edit so the pictures will show up full sized.

Old post that link to picture on BOCAPix, I'm in the process of moving the picture to this site and editing all the post(one at a time) to link to the new location. I've completed all the technical post and I should have all the fish reports done soon as long as the weather stays to crappy to fish.

Mike

I've completed the move of the photos and the editing of 95% of the post, to reflect the new location of the photos. The only category that I haven't worked on is the Tournament category, as it just has fish pictures that most likely appear in one of the report categories.

From now on you should be able to upload pictures to this site as you write up your post. Use the icon I've circled in red.

That will upload the photo and display is as a thumbnail(small photo) at the bottom of the post. Anyone the reads the post can click on the thumbnail and see it full size. If you want the photo to show up full sized in the post, you have a little more work to do that we can go over as the need arises.
    Last edited by NoSlack; 01-27-2019 at 12:33 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information