+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cod ling and halibut

Default Cod ling and halibut

Fun day on the pond .limits] on cod .15 nice reds 1 ling and other misc rock fish. Stop for a couple halibut drifts on the way in for 2 halibut . 1 short 1 legal . Fun day .

Good work Chad. Hoping to get out Sunday for a tug or to on the lings. Did you make bait anywhere?
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

No i had bait in the reciever at my slip. The reds all came on the jigs. Most of the time i have bait if you see me out there and need a few macs swing by.

Made a short day of it in La Jolla on Sunday. Made easy macs out straight off the jetty in 60 feet of water. Lingcod spots had no current so the fish didn't want to bite Came home with just enough for dinner. That's the last time I go to La Jolla looking for cod.

Bummer mike . I have a few spots in my log book off del mar that are pretty good . Been a few years though since fishing up there .

Used to be good up there until DFG restricted where we could fish. Sport boats hit that area twice a day. They are putting big numbers on now but nothing bigger than your hand.

Went out yesterday and made more macs . Just past ammo pier in about 40' of water all you wanted.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information