+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 29’ Blackman “KONA” for sale

Hybrid View

She sure looks beautiful GLWS! Guys would drool over this on the Bloody Decks Classifieds Forum https://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/fo...oats-for-sale/

I have to correct you however as the 26' Blackman was the most desirable Blackman ever built as there were at least 3-4 times as many 26s than the 29s built; the higher cost of the 29s (160-230K or more) put them in a tough market for the time. There were a few other 29s built after Don passed, however I think yours has the more desirable Yanmar Diesels before certain required smog and fly-by-wire systems were put in place by 2008.
    Last edited by DOGHOUSE26; 08-23-2019 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DOGHOUSE26 View Post
    She sure looks beautiful GLWS! Guys would drool over this on the Bloody Decks Classifieds Forum https://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/fo...oats-for-sale/

I have to correct you however as the 26' Blackman was the most desirable Blackman ever built as there were at least 3-4 times as many 26s than the 29s built; the higher cost of the 29s (160-230K or more) put them in a tough market for the time. There were a few other 29s built after Don passed, however I think yours has the more desirable Yanmar Diesels before certain required smog and fly-by-wire systems were put in place by 2008.
    Thank you for the kind words. To be clear, I was never claiming that there were more 29’s built than the 26. The 29’s were all hand laid whereas the 26 was molded. Plus the 29’s cost two to three times ass much-in fact the last 29 ever built was more than $300k. But given a choice, the 29 suited my program much better than the 26. The 26 is a great boat in its own right, but the two are completely different animals altogether. Btw, Steve Blackman still has the plans for the 29 but he told me earlier this week that it would cost over $400k to build one today.

I’d love to see my boat end up in good hands. If you know of anyone that might be interested please feel free to forward my contact info to them. Thx!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information