+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 29’ Blackman “KONA” for sale

Default 29’ Blackman “KONA” for sale

The time has come for me to part ways with my beloved 29’ Blackman “KONA”. Ironically, the reason I’m selling her is that my wife and I are spending the majority of our time at our place in Kona, Hawaii these days.

I’ve owned the boat for the past twelve years and have outfitted her like no other. The boat was built in 2003 and reportedly was the last 29’ that Don built before his passing in 2004. It has just 1,050 hours on her twin Yanmar Diesel engines and runs perfect.

I had considered shipping the vessel to Hawaii, but decided that I’d like to see it stay in San Diego / SoCal and enjoyed by someone who truly appreciates the craftsmanship that went into this particular vessel.

I have numerous pictures and a long list of equipment and custom upgrades that I have done to the boat over the years. You will not find another 29’ Blackman like “KONA” anywhere. It is in impeccable condition both mechanically and cosmetically.

I am asking $150k. As many of you on this forum know, there were only fifteen of the 29’s ever built. It is considered by many to be the most desirable model ever built by Blackman and they rarely come up for sale. Perfect platform for big bluefin, deep drop swordfish, Catalina, rockfish, spotting paddy’s, trolling, whale watching, or whatever your passion might be.

Boat is located in San Diego and can be shown to serious prospective buyers with a couple days notice, assuming I’m not traveling at the time.

Feel free to contact me directly with any questions or should you desire more information.

Thank you,

Mike Perry
    (619) 247-3637
    Email: Konamike619@gmail.com

Last edited by KONA; 05-13-2020 at 07:41 PM.

Time to re-invest some of the tournament winnings Chad
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

She sure looks beautiful GLWS! Guys would drool over this on the Bloody Decks Classifieds Forum https://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/fo...oats-for-sale/

I have to correct you however as the 26' Blackman was the most desirable Blackman ever built as there were at least 3-4 times as many 26s than the 29s built; the higher cost of the 29s (160-230K or more) put them in a tough market for the time. There were a few other 29s built after Don passed, however I think yours has the more desirable Yanmar Diesels before certain required smog and fly-by-wire systems were put in place by 2008.
    Last edited by DOGHOUSE26; 08-23-2019 at 08:56 AM.

Dream boat for sure . I'm slipped next to a 29 and dream about owning one ... maybe someday. Glws

Quote Originally Posted by DOGHOUSE26 View Post
    She sure looks beautiful GLWS! Guys would drool over this on the Bloody Decks Classifieds Forum https://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/fo...oats-for-sale/

I have to correct you however as the 26' Blackman was the most desirable Blackman ever built as there were at least 3-4 times as many 26s than the 29s built; the higher cost of the 29s (160-230K or more) put them in a tough market for the time. There were a few other 29s built after Don passed, however I think yours has the more desirable Yanmar Diesels before certain required smog and fly-by-wire systems were put in place by 2008.
    Thank you for the kind words. To be clear, I was never claiming that there were more 29’s built than the 26. The 29’s were all hand laid whereas the 26 was molded. Plus the 29’s cost two to three times ass much-in fact the last 29 ever built was more than $300k. But given a choice, the 29 suited my program much better than the 26. The 26 is a great boat in its own right, but the two are completely different animals altogether. Btw, Steve Blackman still has the plans for the 29 but he told me earlier this week that it would cost over $400k to build one today.

I’d love to see my boat end up in good hands. If you know of anyone that might be interested please feel free to forward my contact info to them. Thx!!

That is one sparkling and gleaming Enchantress !
    Brian on Old Blue, out

Updated price: $150k
    Thx, Mike
    (619) 247-3637
    Last edited by KONA; 05-13-2020 at 07:42 PM.

It's a tough market out there right now this is some of your competition:

https://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/th.../#post-5043975

And recently the only 2002 39' Blackman built "My Toy" sold for around $165K it had 370 Yanmars with 815 hours.
    Last edited by DOGHOUSE26; 02-12-2020 at 12:24 PM.

Thanks for your comments / opinion (I think). I’m sure one can find many boats priced higher and many boats priced lower than mine, depending on condition, features, upgrades, (or lack thereof). I personally wouldn’t want a 39 Blackman or a 33 Crystaliner. Nice enough boats, but a completely different platform than my 29’. Accordingly I don’t consider them “competition” or comparable.

If you have any specific questions about my 29’ Blackman, feel free to contact me directly Jeff.
    Thanks, Mike

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information