Thread: Make-A-BooBoo 8-23-19

Threaded View

Default Make-A-BooBoo 8-23-19

Promised my Lead Carpenter we could take his 2 High School nephews from Santa Barbara fishing last Saturday 8-17 but alternator issues made us postpone it a week. I was going to enter us in the Make A Wish but I didn't want to spend the extra $100 each on the kids entry fees so we passed on it. Got out to the Parking lot @ 6AM and found a spot of fish downswell from a group of boats and I hooked and handed our first YFT by 7AM followed by another on bait then a 24# BFT on 20# test one of the kids hooked himself. That dried up and we went looking towards the 230 made several other stops for nothing then caught a smaller YFT around 9AM on 20# line and a 2 ounce torpedo getting the bait down 50-100'. Nothing else for us headed east after lunch found 3 foamers that sank out well before we got close enough. Noticed another alternator failure so we pointed her home and put the marlin jigs out saw nothing but bait the whole way home. Saw the biggest MAW Tourney Small Boat Division Total was 48# top tuna was 16; we weighed a 24# BFT, a 17# YFT, and 2 smaller YFT maybe 15 and 12# which would have totaled 58# and a Top Fish and Top Small Boat Honors. MAW doesn't have anything close to the payout Madrugador got last week but team jackets would have been nice! Yeah Yeah I know I'm a Cheap Bastard!
    Last edited by DOGHOUSE26; 08-26-2019 at 02:20 PM.

Thread Information